Cross curricular topics are used to meet pupil’s needs which are planned carefully, so there is coherence and coverage of all the subjects. Reading, writing, speaking and listening and numeracy form the foundation to our teaching, ensuring our pupils have the appropriate skills in place to support their learning in other subjects.
Lessons are creative, fun and highly interactive, making use of our facilities both within and out of the classroom. We try to use as much of our outdoor space as possible in all year groups, but in particular in the EYFS.
The content of the curriculum being taught in each class can be found by following the links below:
- EYFS (Explorers)
- Year 1 (Navigators)
- Year 2 (Inventors)
- Year 3/4 (Adventurers)
- Year 5 (Investigators)
- Year 6 (Pioneers)
We aim to provide a curriculum which encourages our pupils to:
- Be independent thinkers/learners who are able to seek solutions creatively and co-operatively
- Develop links between their learning at home and in school
- Inspire an ‘enquiring’ mind and ask questions
- Read and write independently using knowledge of phonics
- Be confident enough to take risks in their learning
- Be able to listen and articulate responses showing consideration to others
- Linking ‘real life’ with their learning (building on previous experiences)
- Be aware of and recognise their own learning needs and be involved in planning future steps
- Develop a sense of self-esteem and become well balanced and healthy individuals
If you wish to find out more about the curriculum our school provides, please contact the Headteacher.