The three core strategic functions of the Marsh Lane Primary School governing board are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
Governors, who are volunteers, undertake their work through full governing body meetings (four per year), committee meetings and regular visits to the school.
The committees are:
- Teaching & Learning (TLC)
- Resources Management (RMC)
- Headteacher Performance Management (HPMC)
The governing board of Marsh Lane Primary School was reconstituted on 10th February 2015 and is now made up of:
- 4 Parent Governors
- 1 Local Authority Governor
- 1 Staff Governor
- 1 Headteacher
- 5 Co-opted Governors
The current governors and their roles within the governing board are detailed below. Click on the hotlinks for profiles of each of the governors.
|Greg Barker||Chair of Governors, RMC and TLC member||Parent governor|
|Margaret Griffith||Chair of TLC & HPMC member||Co-opted governor|
|Christine Gare||RMC member||Co-opted governor|
|Steve Pickering||RMC member||Co-opted governor|
|Paul Bedford||TLC member||Parent governor|
|Ruth Shaw||TLC member||Staff governor|
|Fiona Marsh||RMC and TLC member||Headteacher|
|Maxine Redhall||TLC member||Co-opted governor|
|Debbie Morris||RMC member||Co-opted governor|
|Lindsey Davies||TLC member||Local Authority governor|
|Michael Gordon||Associate member|
The code of practice adopted by the governing board can be found here.
Further details about each governor that has served at any point over the past 12 months, including their pecuniary interests and attendance record, can be found by clicking here.
Governors can be contacted via the school office.